My wired Internet connection is intermittent
There are a few reasons why your Internet connection may be intermittent. Below, you'll find some valubale tips and tricks that will resolve this problem.
What you need to know
When your wired Internet connection is intermittent and drops off frequently, try the following:
- Restarting your modem, router (if you have one) and computer establishes a new Internet connection and often resolves Internet connectivity issues.
- If you are using DSL or FTTN network Internet (through your phone jack with a RJ11 cable), ensure the length of your RJ11 cable does not exceed 6 feet. Cables exceeding this length often cause service degradation.
- If you are using a router or home gateway modem, your Internet speed will diminish when multiple devices are connected to your network. Temporarily disconnect any other devices connected to your network.
- If you are using DSL or FTTN network Internet (through your phone jack with a RJ11 cable), remove any splitter boxes from your phone jack and connect your modem directly to the phone jack then restart your modem, router (if you have one) and computer. If this resolves the issue, you'll need to replace your splitter box.
- If you are using a router, bypass it and connect your computer directly to your modem. If this resolves the issue, you'll need to check the firewall settings on your router or replace it. Altima Telecom does not support third-party routers. Please refer to the manufacturer's documentation.